GaptoothDiva talks with Virginia acoustic musical duo JuniperGreen on how taking a hobby and applying passion into it can develop into a new niche in life.
JuniperGreen was officially formed in early 2010 by Matt Sease and Luke (the Fro) Andrews. When these friends began writing music together, they had no idea what they were getting into. What began as a musical hobby soon turned into a full-on obsession, and small, sporadic school shows were replaced by multiple gigs every weekend. By summer 2010, JuniperGreen was playing all over Virginia.
Based in Mathews County, a small town on the Chesapeake Bay, this acoustic duo is quickly becoming a known name in the Tidewater area. Much of their music is inspired by the scenic views of their hometown, and their music definitely reflects that. Much like themselves, their live performance is incredibly diverse, with high-energy acoustic songs as well as slower, soothing ones. Their lyrics leave you pondering. The music leaves you yearning for more. And their true fans will tell you that they feel like part of the band. Their fans say ” I AM JUNIPERGREEN”.
JuniperGreen has played with the following artists:
CALL & LISTEN LIVE
- Tonight In Rock: Fistful Of Mercy, Best Coast, Junip, Margot & The Nuclear So And So’s (laist.com)
- Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Paramore Salute Troops At ‘VH1 Divas’ (mtv.com)
- An Interview with Jose González of Junip (seattlest.com)
- Music Review: Melancholy Reflection of Faint Shadows (nytimes.com)
- Live Around Town This Week (kexp.org)
- Justin Bieber’s My Worlds Acoustic: A Cheat Sheet (mtv.com)
- This week’s new live music (guardian.co.uk)
- Fall Festival Favorites in Virginia (prweb.com)
- 55 reviews of Virginia (rateitall.com)
- 2010 VH1 Divas Salute The Troops (stlavonlady.wordpress.com)
- Dispatch Bandmates To Play Benefit In Boston (12/10) (jambase.com)
- Is classical music addicted to existential angst? (netnewmusic.net)