GaptoothDiva talks with the creative and very beautiful Janid of Zonisphere Records about her much anticipated fourth album, the journey of being an unexpected sensation and how through her music she can inspire and motivate change in the industry.
A pioneer in musical innovation and evolution, Electronica singer-songwriter Janid (Jah-NEED) has been unleashed upon the world since 2006 with her dark, sensual sounds; irreverent yet poetic lyrics; and distinctly commanding voice. After three evolutionary albums, spanning Latin, R&B, Pop and Dance genres, Janid has established herself as a powerhouse in entertainment today.
Recognized as a uniquely gifted and influential artist by thousands of fans, colleagues and the Recording Academy, Janid is often sought after for performances, endorsements and collaborations. She has appeared on projects for Frankie Cutlass, Nocera, Roy’al and Kaydean, movie soundtracks, television and radio commercials, and is the Spanish voice of 1-800-JETBLUE. In mid-2011, Janid is scheduled to make her big screen debut in the 5.2 Films motion picture “Bare Knucklez”.
Janid’s early work has already earned her a list of awards and accolades including the CNet Editor’s Pick for Brown Eyed Soul Artist Award, recognition from the Recording Academy, a nomination for Best Independent Artist of 2009 from Internet Radio Magazine, title of “New York’s Sexiest Latina” from Farandulife Magazine, two nationally televised performances at the New York National Puerto Rican Day Parade in 2006 and 2010, the most requested performer during the Gay Pride Events season in 2009, as well as international performance invitations from Mexico, Japan and South America. Even more impressive is that she has accomplished this without ever being signed to a major label.
Possibly the hardest working independent female recording artist of the new millennium, Janid has managed to forge a path of success where others have failed. She continues to brand an indelible mark by inspiring and encouraging a new generation of recording artists and leaves a sea of mesmerized fans in her wake with what they have labeled “the sound of the future”.
Janid’s 4th album, ALIAS was released on 12.14.10.
Also Featuring a GaptoothDiva Quick Interview w/ Amber Morgan of
- Best Music From Around The World – December M.A.P. (35 songs from 35 countries) (swedesplease.net)
- December Diva Toolbox Radio: Viva la Value Provides Gift Ideas Under $15 for Everyone on Your List (prweb.com)
- Grammy nominations: Things the Recording Academy got right and wrong (cnn.com)
- The Latin Recording Academy Announces Official Sponsors for the 11th Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards (prnewswire.com)
- Case Study: How Shpongle Went From Yelling At Fans To Embracing Fans (techdirt.com)
- Mexican drug chief urges cartel unity (guardian.co.uk)
- You: Eminem leads with 10 nominations for Grammys (nation.com.pk)
- The Week in WFMU: 12/13 – 12/19 (wfmu.org)
- Eminem Tops Grammy Nominations With 10, Including Best Album (businessweek.com)
- Cool Breeze Records Ready to set the Trend in Reggae Music Production as the World’s Newest Independent Record Label (prweb.com)
- Nominees Marc Anthony, Aida Cuevas, Jenni Rivera, Gilberto Santa Rosa to Perform on the 11th Annual Latin Grammy Awards (tvbythenumbers.com)
- Camila, Pedro Fernandez, Juan Luis Guerra, Enrique Iglesias, Rosario, and Wisin y Yandel to Perform on the ’11th Annual Latin Grammy Awards’ (tvbythenumbers.com)
- Eminem Leads Grammy Nominations With 10 (foxnews.com)
- Entertainment Mogul Sean “P. Diddy” Combs Comes Home to Harlem to Reunite with Harlem Don Kevin Chiles (prweb.com)
- The Recording Academy Approves Continued Evolution of Grammy Categories at Recent Trustees Meeting (eon.businesswire.com)