Remy Masemo Peter aka Remlius talks candidly with I’esha GaptoothDiva about the future of his music career and how he plans on making his mark on the world. At his debut Interview Remlius says ” I remember what 2 Pac Shakur told the US Government about Change we hope and we will make and we gotta make CHANGE.” Then he continue by saying ” It’s Time for us to make Change, Last change we eat, live, drink, let’s make change of survivor, I live with Change, dreams. I wanna be, I have Projecting in my whole life is to be with possibility of what I do. I do not know how to do things without possibility for every man and woman” says Remlius at BBC News
In 1989 Mr. and Mrs. REMY gave birth to their son Remy Masemo Peter as known as REMLIUS today. His mom was so proud of him at the age of 2 years old because he was running away if he bring trouble. At the age of 5 years REMLIUS started going to school in Mukolwe. Remlius was born in a small town named NUNDU on January 29th,1989.
At the age of 7 Remlius and his family have moved to a town named Baraka where he was a trouble maker at school after two year REMLIUS and his family moved to Tanzania and is where he began his career of writing Music to the Artist in Tanzania after six months Remlius has moved to Nyarugusu Refugee Camp where he started school till Grade Eight he did not graduate High School in that camp. In 2000 Remlius sold his first songs to King Crazy G.K in Dar es Salaam and GK sold more than 187302 copies of the single named ITAKADI. In August 2000 Remlius have lunches his first concert in Makere with King Crazy G.K and A.Y and that Concert was the first concert of REMLIUS to perform. Remlius have written thousands of songs and gave to the Known Artist like Akon was given the song of Be With you.
In 2003 Remlius and G.K have recorded their single together Ama zangu Ama zao which took the first place for 3 years in Tanzania and Kenya. Then Remlius has seen to do his own jobs without selling his music to anyone. In September 2003 Remlius have moved again to stay with his uncle Lumumba in Kigoma where he wrote a song CINDERELLA and gave it to Ali Kiba who is the R&B singer of Tanzania. The songs took first place for 4 years in different country in Africa. At his Interview in Dar Es Salaam Remlius said” My life has changed! for the better and there is a lot of good/great people that have a lot to do with all of this! My father in heaven, I still feel you in my heart and my soul. I have nothing but praise and glory to worship you with. You have taught me everything that I know. To my family and friends I love y’all. Both my parents Remy and Lena I love you too! it feels good to have both of you LOVE! GOD foresee everything that will happen throughout my life, you watch and shelter me” This is My dream my everything I have. This is my journey”.
- TOUR! Tanzania and Zanzibar! – Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (travelpod.com)
- A glimpse of the new and old E Africa – Dar es Salaam and zanzibar, Tanzania (travelpod.com)
- Tanzania – Local entrepreneur goes for mass production of biogas from cow-dung (sanitationupdates.wordpress.com)
- 17 killed in Tanzania military blasts (msnbc.msn.com)
- GaptoothDiva Featured in May 2011 Issue of Style Weekly’s Belle Magazine (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva Radio Every Tuesday & Thurday at 9pm EST. (gaptoothdiva.com)
- Young Richmond OutKasts New Music Video – Warrior (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva Radio – Interview w/ Author Ally Mead of SassyPsychic.com (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva Fashion Find – Urban97Clothing.com – Custom Sneakers, Pumps, and More (gaptoothdiva.com)