You’d be a liar if you said that some fashion choices aren’t inspired by musicians and artist, whether mainstream or independent. I know several that have made an impact or two on most people who I know. To take this inspiration to the next level, I decided to dish out some tips on how to steal the looks of several influential faces. By taking a few key pieces and putting them together just right, you can very well steal the style of the person you are influenced by or digging for the moment.
Today’s “Style Steal” victim is Richmond Rapper and College Student, Jay Bizz. I saw him at last week’s Rebirth event held at The Camel in Richmond, Virginia. This is what I spotted him in right before he went to perform on stage, outside the notable Live Music venue. I wouldn’t put my homeboy in a box, by calling this style “preppy”, but it does ring of a classic casual style that most guys are just too lazy to pull off. Well, thank God that Jay Bizz is nothing like most guys.
To steal his style we captured this look by adding of course a mans must have, the G by GUESS Colored Red Sport Strap Watch for $80 – www.gbyguess.com, a pair of Dsquared2 Sneakers (Collector’s Edition) $395/$237 – www.thecorner.com, a pair of Jimmy Denim Shorts Men’s Shorts from Avirex $23 – www.drjays.com, a NIXON Philly Mens Hat $30 and RVCA Stanley Mens Shirt $45 – www.tillys.com, and a Plain Red Men’s Pre-Tied Bow Tie $9.86 – www.discount-quality-ties.co.uk
Love the look? Hit up Jay Bizz and tell him yourself at www.twitter.com/JbizzofVA or @JbizzofVA
- GaptoothDiva Fashion Files – This Season’s Hottest Trend, Red Lip Service (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva Featured in May 2011 Issue of Style Weekly’s Belle Magazine (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva Find – Are You A Victim of The Harassing Shoe Picture Tags on Facebook? I’ve Discovered the Culprit. (gaptoothdiva.com)
- Promotion Opportunities Available w/ GaptoothDiva.com (gaptoothdiva.com)
- How To Make Some Cash In Richmond Virginia for Gas or Get a Credit For Shopping (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva Fashion Files – 2011 Mother’s Day Look for Men (gaptoothdiva.com)