This review is powered by Brandbacker.
Trying to grow your natural hair is never easy, no matter how many options may be out there. I’ve pretty much tried so many of them, I’m a bit frustrated. I know what grows my hair, and how my hair can grow more, but I experience so much stress with my busy schedule, it’s often a challenge.
I want to take some time to drop some simple tips on you to help you grow your natural hair long and strong. With the help of Pura d’or Hair & Body Care, I’ve been trying to grow my natural hair back after a year of stress and breakage.
Pura d’or is based on a unified mission—to create organic personal care solutions that naturally work. All of their ingredients are grown on trees, not in test tubes. Which should be especially appealing to those individuals who really care about the products they use and how it can affect their body. Pura d’or provides free shipping to anywhere in the continental U.S., and was also rated #1* in Organic Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo.
In my review, I also wanted to dish on some simple tips that assisted me in getting my hair and body healthy in order for the product to work as it should. No need in having any excuses, if I’m doing everything I should be to be not only be healthy and well inside and out, but for my hair to grow.
Healthy Long Hair Growth Tips:
Moisturize Inside and Out
- Drink plenty of water
- Use pure oils in your hair, such as Olive, Coconut, Shea, Avocado, Jojoba, Argan Oil
- Do Not use mineral oil, petroleum, or lanolin
- Use 2 drops of essential oils to massage your scalp
Healthy Eating and Exercise
- Check for vitamin deficiencies
- Eat plenty of veggies and fruit on a regular basis
- How you treat your body will depend on what your body does for you
Schedule Regular Trims every 3 to 4 months or 12 to 16 weeks
- See a professional first. Do no solely depend on YouTube, unless you are confident in your own skills.
Consider Protective Styles That Are Low Maintenance
- Wigs, sew ins, crochet braids, and braided styles are great ways to take the stress out of regular hair maintenance
- You still have to properly care for your hair no matter what
- Do not get styles that are too tight on your edges and roots
- Chill out on the heat as much as possible, stop trying to fry your hair into a certain texture
- Condition hair at least once a month
- Deep condition and use hot oil treatments
Wrap Your Hair Up
- Use satin scarves and bonnets
- Protect your edges
- Use a clean hair scarf/bonnet and use a clean pillow case
Review: Pura d’or Premium Organic Argan Oil Based Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo, Premium Organic Argan Oil Based Conditioner, & Pure and Organic Argan Oil
- Noticeably thicker hair, so product actually does work very well
- Feels great
- Shampoo left my hair feeling clean and tangle free
- Lathers up nicely
- Large quantity
- Conditioner left my hair feeling soft, manageable, and with more defined natural curl texture
- Conditioner smells amazing with a very strong lavender/vanilla scent
- Argan oil moisturized my scalp in between crochet braid styles and it also reduced scars around my hairline and on my face
- Packaging was extremely difficult to open
- Pumps on the shampoo and conditioner did not work properly and were defective
- Although price point was understandable for shampoo and conditioner (awesome actually), the organic Argan oil was not. It was a very small 1 oz. bottle that I wished was bigger. I used the Argan oil more than all of it, because it was so versatile and beneficial to my lifestyle. That would be something I would want more of in the future, therefore it should be the same size as the shampoo and conditioner.
Watch the Full Product Review below:
How to Grow Natural Hair Long | Pura d’or Organic Argan Oil Hair Loss Prevention Review
Overall, I truly enjoyed the system. I felt that it worked wonderfully for me and I see a very noticeable difference in the thickness of my hair and how it’s growing. I strongly recommend this product to anyone looking to regrow their hair or currently experiencing temporary hair loss, as this is a solution. I would however, adhere to the tips above as well. No matter how many products you purchase, nothing beats taking care of your own body and hair naturally.
Products submitted for testing purposes only. I was not compensated for this review. My opinions and review are 100% my own.
What Tips and Tricks Do You Have On Growing Your Hair Long and Strong?
Please comment below and let’s start the conversation.